Saturday, October 14, 2006

This Magnificant Non-Event (Well Almost)

The delivery of Samuel happened so fast, it almost seems like it didn't happen. We were home 20 hours after Amy went into labor.

The lack of any concentrated Hospital time makes it feel like it didn't really happen.

But then I'll walk into the bedroom and see Samuel laying there and say, "Where did that come from?". And Amy just pats her stomach and smiles.

So we are getting used to the new baby.

And lots of people are bringing us food. And we are eating REALLY well. Did you know that South Africans are one of only two countries where the average meat consumption is greater than the USA (the other being Argentina)? I say that in introduction because there are lots of South Africans in town, and boy oh boy can they cook the meat. So we are getting lots of protein.

And getting used to the new baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for Amy that the (Magnificant Non-Event) was almost effortless.

I love your blog! It wouldn't load for a few days and I was having withdrawal pains.

What a joy to get your e-mail announcing this great event!