Samuel Calvin Christian Stoltzfus was born at 6:25 PM local time on Thursday evening, October 12, 2006. Both he and Mom are doing well.
Amy's water broke at 2 in the afternoon, and our friends Jack and Neepa (who live around the corner from the Hospital) picked us up at 3:30. We stayed at their house for an hour and got the girls settled in there, and then Neepa, Amy and Lowell went round to the Hospital. The contractions started hard and fast at 5PM, and she went through a normal labor curve and delivered at 6:25PM.
Samuel was born pink and hungry, with lots of black hair (all our kids did) a very round face (his cheeks roll when he does), and long thin fingers.
He is 3750 grams, or 8 pounds 4 ounces, and 52 cm long (is that 21 inches?) and a head circumphrence of 37 cm (15 inches?). I need to double check those myself, as I have not yet done a complete exam on him myself.
Why would I do a Complete Exam on my son? Because I am the only one who will.
He latched on well, and slept a fair amount through his first night on earth.
His big sisters are ecstatic.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
12 comments:
Horray!
Jeremy
Congratulations guys, we love you and are praying for everyones health, especially Amy and Samuel.
Steve M
Wow, congratulations! I didn't know this blog existed. I'm glad to find out about it.
p.s. that last post was me brian t, I forgot to sign it...
Congratulations. Amanda and I have been praying for you all and are so thankful for the wonderful news.
David & Amanda
Yaaaay!!!! I'm so excited!!! What a great blessing... My heart is with you in joy and prayer. :)
Yes another October birthday in the family! Congrats all. Praying for you all.
Aunt Wendy
Wow, That's great! I'm looking forward to more pictures! Miriam looks so big! But I would like to see some close-ups of Samuel too. Glad to hear Amy is doing well.
Blessings, Jan
PS. Sounds like a better delivery experience that Nora Grace was there. :)
--Jan
Great news. Welcome to Samuel. Good name.
We like your blog - well done, Lowell.
23F here the other night.
Steve and Jeni
EXCELLENT! Congratulations. Welcome to parenting with a boy. It's a WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD, NOW!
Or maybe it's all the same. What do I know? I only have a boy.
Congratulations Amy and Lowell!
With Samuel's arrival, it will guarantee the continuation of the Stoltzfus name, at least for your generation! :)
Everyone looks great!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment