Friday, January 02, 2009

I'll try not to let Alissa forget this

Today, I got back to Our Fair City with two Nurses who are here to check things out for a few weeks. Our train was running quite late, so I was text messaging Amy to let her know what was up.

Alissa saw me and said she was impressed, because many older people do not know how to text message.

I text-messaged Amy about this quote, and Amy said to tell her that it helps to fight off Alzheimers.

Alissa continues to be embarrassed.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Hey Lowell,
I wish that texting in the US was as inexpensive as it is overseas. I have also gotten quite good at it and I think of all my teenage friends I could be texting while I'm home. (But I can't afford it here.)
Right now I'm just out of practice.
:)

james and lindsey said...

Can we send her a picture of an older gentleman jumping rope...for some little girls?

Anonymous said...

Funny. I find it funny now that I actually prefer texting vs. calling now. You don't have to talk when you just want to know what time he's going to be home for dinner (smiles). Of course at his age, he needs his cane these days (smiles).

Tracy

mtmama - Pa said...

Is 40 the new old?

I did text Uncle a love letter one time and it cost us $. So I thought it would be wise to discontinue texting any more lovey
dovey messages.

But if it is a proven fact that texting will help to fight off Alzheimers, I may do it some more. :)