Rolled out of bed the other morning, and was nursing a cup of Earl Grey as the morning sun shone over my shoulder on the newspaper in front of me......
When I heard a goat bleat.
Well. I hear lots of animal noises in this fair city, but this one seemed really close. I glanced out the window behind me.
We are on the third floor, and there is a balcony just below our dining room window, for the apartment just below us. Then it is two storeys down to the street.
There on the balcony were a couple of goats. Turns out the neighbors are having a wedding this coming week, and need the goats for the wedding.
Well, of course, as long as there is a logical explanation.
So this morning, while nursing my morning cup of Earl Grey, in addition to the fragrance of Bergamot, I had the heady aroma of, well, goat. If you know what I mean.
Should be a fun wedding. I think the food will be good.
.jpg)
4 comments:
I had a similar experience when I was in jr. high ... our neighbors were Philippino and would sometimes have chickens or goats for a couple days and then they would be gone the day of the party. Once my brother and I peeked through the fence and saw their new dogs being "prepared" for the birthday party we attended at their house that evening. That was in the U.S. of A. Pretty sure that was against city regulations though.
So, are you saying the goats are going to be served at the wedding, as in eaten?
So, are you saying the goats will be served at the wedding, as in eaten?
So when is the wedding?
Just thinking if it is more than a few days, the smell may get a bit earthy.
Mtmama
Post a Comment