Monday, April 07, 2008

Brand Placement to a whole new level.


In the US, when a new movie comes out, they sell all kinds of cheap plastic stuff at fast food places, to advertise the movie.
Jodhaa Akbar is a recent Indian movie (quite a good one, I am told) starring some of the biggest names in Bollywood. It is the timeless historical story of a Muslim Emporer who marries a Hindu Princess -- for political reasons -- and then they find themselves falling in love. As with most Bollywood fair, it is three hours long and involves a fair amount of dancing.
The movie is fameous for many things in India, one of which is the incredible jewelery that the Princess wears, all of it is real.
So now in India, at the jewelery shops, you can buy Jodhaa Akbar themed jewelry, from "The Jodhaa Akbar Collection".
Guess is beats a cheap plastic toy from China.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Are you picking out a piece for your princess?

beth said...

I love Bollywood. I will definitely have to watch for this one. And pick up a set of the jewels next time I'm in India. :-)