Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Breakfast Conversation

Having young children means that often we don't get to do much talking. There is too much talking going on already. The conversation at breakfast this morning went something like this...

Nora Grace: Daddy, we are made from dust. Miriam did you know that we are made of dust?

Miriam: Daddy, can you help me get some milk? Daddy are we made of dust?

Sam: JOOSE!! JOOSE!!

Nora Grace (now singing): Oh, yes... we are made of dust... we are made of dust... and to dust we shall we return.

Sam: MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!

Nora Grace: I like Wheat Flakes. Daddy, am I your Wheat Flakes Girl? (giggles).

Miriam (angry): I LIKE WHEAT FLAKES TOO, I AM DADDY'S WHEAT FLAKES GIRL. Daddy, it's dusty. Are we made from dust?

Sam: JOOSE!! JOOSE!!

Nora Grace: Daddy, are wheat flakes made from dust like we are made from dust? Sam is made from dust.

Miriam: Sam is NOT made from dust, Sam is made from puppy dog tails.

Sam: MORE!! MORE!!

(Sam then throws up)

Amy: Hmmm. I wonder if Sam is not feeling well.

Sam: JOOSE!! MORE!! JOOSE!! MORE!!

Nora Grace: Sam is too made from dust, isn't he Daddy? Is throw up made from dust?

(Editors note: this portion of conversation took less than 30 seconds, and continued in this vein for 30 minutes straight.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious! We enjoyed it immensely.

Shannon said...

Wow! I am so glad to know that we aren't the only ones trying to have a meal in the midst of this kind of chaos...we feel your pain and also enjoyed it immensely!

Noel said...

Noting a comment from one of my children, prompts me to comment. This week that son and his wife are away, and I have their son. Conversation with him is something more than 1/3 of yours with your 3. Maybe because one child requires more consistent adult response. Anyway, while he was still sleeping this morning and I was enjoying the quiet, I tried to remember what it was like with 4 boys in the house. And I was thankful that God blunts our memory as we age.

Lowell said...

Thanks for your coment Noel. I(Amy) have been waking up at 5:30 lately just to get some quiet, (and it is cooler then). I am not sure if Ishould be comforted by your comment as we are also soon to be a family with 4, and the thought of what that will look like makes me shudder!!

freemanz5 said...

Ben wants to know how come his spade isn't alive? Maybe I should tell him its made of dust!!

Waldemar Family said...

that's priceless!