Tuesday, April 01, 2008

These aren't April Fools, Just All the News that's Fit to Print







Enclosed are some newspaper clippings from this mornings' paper. Enjoy. :)
One talks about a "Pulse Polio Campaign", where various Health Care Personnel attempt to immunized all children of a certain age for polio on one particular day (We still have hundreds of cases of polio near us each year). Unfortunately, the villages took the team hostage, hoping to have some demands met (unclear what the demands are).
Another talks of a group of housewives who "Thrash" some criminals who had stolen the ladies gold chains, but interestingly the thrashing takes place inside the Police department.
And my personal favorite, the news that the "majority of women in the US are now opting to become surrogate mothers." To all those delightful women out their who took the time and effort to have their own children, perhaps you didn't know that actually most women in the US pay someone else to have their children for them. Ah, capitilism.
And yes, Lowell still cannot spell.
PS: these are NOT April Fools stories, these are typical stories I read in the paper every morning.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Maybe I should start reading the local paper. April Fool's Day did not go unnoticed here - even by the Tanzanians.

Anonymous said...

Interesting articles in your daily paper.

Who knew that the majority of women in the US are opting for surrogate motherhood?
I enjoyed the article about the chain snathers myself. I could just visualize the women getting their revenge will the law looked on helplessly.

mtmama

I think the word you're looking for is capitalism. Dictionary.com is a good website. haaaaaa