Friday, February 13, 2009

Pomegranates.

Sam likes Pomegranates, and knows them by name, both the English name and the Urdu name.

He has good taste... pemegranates are very good tasting and good for you. The seeds, which sometimes get some bad press, are not a problem for him.

What is strange to me, is how long I lived in life before I tasted a pomegranate. I think I was at least 30 years old before I tasted pomegranate for the first time. I was well into my 20's before I knew how to pronounce the word.

Which is kind of funny, because of how much I like the Bible. I love to read the Bible, and pomegranates are a common fruit mentioned in the Bible. But I didn't know how to pronounce the word, and had never tasted it.

Once again, Sam is growing up different than I am.

No comments: