It being another Hindu festival (Shivratri, the details escape me), there is again some tension in the city, so there are troops all over the place. They all appear to be bored, so presumably that is a good thing.
They held a "Flag March" today. A Flag March is when they all get in their best uniforms, shine up their weapons real well, and walk or drive through any "problem neighborhoods" to just to show any potential malcontents that they are a real force to be reckoned with.
Problem being that the "problem neighborhoods" are the ones I go through every day. So I was stuck in traffic jams for close to two hours today. Good thing I brought my crossword puzzle and Teach Yourself Urdu book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Were you stuck in traffic on the bike you mentioned in Facebook? If so I want to know how you do a crossword puzzle or teach yourself Urdu on a bike.
Why are you stuck in traffic if you're on a bike?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Post a Comment