A local Physician was gunned down outside his house early Thursday morning. While speculation is rife, it sounds most likely that it was a political murder, and not in any way related to his being a Doctor.
But, to protest...(protest what? One is not sure, but why miss a good protest?) local Physicians have gone on strike.
Being a card carrying Plain Menno, we don't do strikes. (Smells of giving ones ultimate allegiance to anyone other than God, and thus idolatrous, or some line of thinking vaguely like that). Besides the fact that it just didn't seem warrented.
So I opted to go to work on Friday morning. On Friday morning, my usual hours are 11 AM to 1PM at a Muslim Charity Hospital. I arrived a bit early and found several hopeful patients, holding on that perhaps someone would show up. I was the only doc in clinic for that time, and stayed quite busy up until 12.30.
At 12.30, no more patients appeared, and I assumed that perhaps they had all gone to Friday Prayers, this being the first Friday of Ramadan, and thus they can earn extra points by Praying at this time.
So I putzed around doing paperwork and answering phone calls until 1PM, when I attempted to leave, and found the reason why the patient flow had dried up at 12.30.
They had chained the front doors of the Hospital closed.
Managed to get myself out, and threw the throngs of worshippers all in white flowing to and from the local mosques, and on to my next stop.
Anyways, just to let you know, I am not currently on strike. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Where did you throw the throngs?
OK, OK, I never claimed to be a good speller. :) When I just checked on the blog just now, I saw the misspelling and thought, "Uh oh, Iwonder who will see that first?"
I love it!
I had to read it twice to try to figure out how you did that. :)
By the way, is the strike over and how long did it last?
Post a Comment