Wednesday, May 09, 2007

So it goes...

"So it goes" was a quote from Kurt Vonnegut (OK, I REALLY, REALLY cannot spell).

He died recently.

Does anyone else, when they read The Economist, read the Obituary first?

(You will be happy to know, that when The Economist arrives at our house, Nora Grace quickly grabs it and looks to the back, shouting, "Who died, Daddy, who died?")

4 comments:

beth said...

i don't read the obits first, but i do love the economist. much better news than time or newsweek. always love reading your posts...

beth

Lowell said...

Hello Beth,

Where are you these days.

Little Miriam (who is, by the way, very little), can't speak much yet, but she can say, "Con-mist".

Ahh, Daddy's little girl.

Blessings,

Lowell

PS: Miriam also reads The Economist while sitting on her Potty Training Chair.

beth said...

Lowell,

I'm in the Philippines. Will be traveling in Indo for three weeks in June.

I downloaded the economist podcast on cities, so I hope to listen to that soon.

By the way, when I do buy the economist, I get it at the Swiss Deli, of all places. (Where they serve Italian food...)

beth

Lowell said...

Hey Beth,
Happy travels.

Ah yes, globalization. I used a French person to translate into Spanish for a Basque patient who had some questions about his Chinese medicine he was taking in India.

But he was stilling willing to pay a good price to do this face to face, as opposed to over the phone for free.

In the age of Globalization, face to face to encounters are worth more.

Lowell