Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More Comments on McDonalds

Lots of comments on the McDonalds posting?

Marika, it is in the IP Mall (just down from Liberty Shoes); Odyssey Books has moved there, plus a Pizza Corner has just opened, plus a bakery named Biscotti (doesn't actually serve biscotti) and an American Dollar Store will be opening soon (everything is 99 rupees).

The best entertainment at the mall is to watch people try out the escalator. (Think, this is a country where the International Airport in the Capital City has no working escalator). People just don't get it, and are inclined to hurt themselves. Growing up in a place where it was easy to make fun of Amish with their lack of worldly ways, I do recognize the rudeness of watching as people fall all over themselves going up an escalator.

But it is sort of funny.

Now who is in Chicago? Is that the Lindquists? We love you guys!!

(Should it not be the Lindquists, I am nonetheless confident of our great affection for you. We were just trying to figure out who wrote from Chicago) :)

Molly is correct in that the Chickenburger is not particularly more healthy.

And with the Taiwan comments, I am assuming this is Ingrid (aka supermom, superwriter, and of whom we have the best wedding stories to tell).

McDonalds Varanasi serves the McVeggie Burger (Potatoes, Carrots, Peppers, Chilis etc all smashed together with loads of clarified butter and fried), the Aloo Tikka Burger (Mostly potatoe, with lots of fried), and several wraps (The Maharaja Wrap, the Mexican wrap), and so on. I do not actually recall what is being served in the Happy Meals.

And why not? In Thailand, they serve Sweet Corn Ice Cream.

As Miriam is rapidly expanding her vocabulary, one of the first words we recognized from her was, "DONALDS", shouted when we would drive past McDonalds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chicago was Wendy. I know I live way outside of there but it is easier to say that than Somonauk. Hugs and Kisses to all. Love you and miss you.