.jpg)
Just a little reminder why we are here.
We have a genuine desire to see the weavers of this fair city improve their situation.
At left is a typical room full of these weavers doing finishing touches on silk saris, which they make.
"Sweatshop" doesnt really apply to the term, since the original term meant that was a place where people sweated, but people didn't elsewhere.
Here, at this time of year, everyone sweats all the time.
.jpg)
3 comments:
Oh my! What beautiful hand work! I would love to see that place pictured sometime in my life. They must be very skilled people. What beauty.
Lowell, a few of them seem to be rather young.
At what age do they start working?
Hey Jan,
The stuff is incredible. So are the chemicals freely used and spilled. :)
Aunt Lydia, they start working about the same age you did. But you had the guts to say, "I will go to school", and (as I recall the story), walked out of the house against your parents will.
Some of them have the same vim, but many do not.
Post a Comment