Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Amos son of Amos son of Amos, cousin once removed


My Dads first cousin Amos Stoltzfus is in India for awhile, with his wife Rowena (Oliver and Betty Mast's daughter), and youngest son, Dirgham. It was great fun to see them, after so many years. They live close to Delhi, and drove down to have supper with us.

Amos' Dad is my Paternal Grandfathers younger brother, making my dad Amos' first cousin. So I think that makes Amos my first cousin once removed, and Dirgham would be second cousin to our kids. Is that right?

Amos has over 100 first cousins (not their spouses or degrees, but just first cousins). That is a lot. My 50 or so pale in comparison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If by chance you get to see Amos's, Amos's, Amos again, please tell him mtmama said hi. I did get to see him this summer at the Stoltzfus reunion and he said they were planning to go to India.

If your parents would have named you Fred, you would be Amos's, Fred's, Fred's, Fred. But I like the sound of Fred's,Fred's, Lowell.

I likewise have over a hundred cousins but my grandchildren only have two and they are much older than my grandchildren. It hardly seems fair. Some of the best memories of my childhood are playing with my many cousins.