Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Long Sought After Ladder Photo


Ladders are in short supply in Our Fair City, so they often get transported around for various uses. The most common way to transport a ladder -- as pictured -- is to balence it on the shoulders of two men who ride their bikes through mad traffic.
This strikes me as verging on the miraculous.

1 comment:

JessicaF said...

When I lived in Varanasi, I had to use a ladder...transporting it to and from the shop was interesting...the way home it was placed under the rickshaw, sticking out the back, and on the return trip, I had to hold it, on the seat with me. But I also had my computer, a cake or pie or some sort of food item, my purse, and well, I think that was it. The looks I had on that trip almost tied the looks I got when I carried the mattress from the store on the rickshaw home. It had to be standing up vertical, creating a barrier between me and the driver, who couldn't understand that he just needed to stay on the same street and go straight to get to my house. Unfortunately, once we got there, I didn't have my keys. That was a long day. :)