Thursday, April 23, 2009

Amy's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Last Wednesday, Amy had a bad day.

I was in Delhi fetching, which makes dealing with four young children more difficult. Then the AC broke.

Awhile after that, Sam got into the laundry room, grabbed the spray bottle of stain remover, pointed it straight at his face, and squeezed. His eyes were full of Stain Remover. She called me, and then immediately hung up to take Sam to the shower to wash out his eyes.

After washing out Sam's eyes, she was comforting him in a chair, when she noticed that the diamond in her wedding ring had fallen out. She searched for a couple of hours, and did not find it.

I got a few more phone calls, and did my best to comfort at 500 miles away.

The good news? Sam does not appear to have any lasting damage, and the diamond was found two days later, but the AC is still at the shop.

Such is life, or such we have made it.

6 comments:

Grace-n-Glory said...

Aww, Amy! I feel you pain!

Anonymous said...

I wish you could have sent the other kids over to my house.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I"M SORRY! Goodness, what a day! I've been thinking of you ever since I saw Anita's pictures of India. So looking forward to you being here and having time to catch up! Lots of love!
Candice

Anonymous said...

What a crazy day Amy!!! I am glad things are better. thinking of you as you prepare to leave. looking forward to seeing you! Anita

Nani said...

WOW! Amy, I wish I were there to at least give you a short break. Soon we'll see you and kids and I can help out then.
Nani

Anonymous said...

Oh my! what a day! Put your right hand on your left shoulder and your left hand on your right shoulder then SQUEEZE! That hug is from me.