I haven't seen much of my Urdu Teacher's wife for a month or so. It was the month of fasting, so people often keep strange hours during that time, so I wasn't really thinking about it. When I asked how the fasting was going, my teacher told me his wife was not fasting. When I asked why, he just replied, "Oh she isn't feeling too well this month."
Hmmmm. Now why would a 30 year old married woman not feel too well for weeks on end?
Before I would often see her, if she would bring chai down, or say "Hi" while coming or going. But I haven't seen her for weeks. When I asked, I was just informed she was getting a little extra rest.
Hmmm, now why would she need a little extra rest?
My delightful wife finally gave me one of those, "Men are from another planet" looks as she informed me, "Well, she is pregnant, obviously."
Oh, yeah. I'm supposed to be the clever one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Hmmm... funny!
Got your mailing - thanks for the photo of the family - it's on our kitchen bulletin board. Your kids have already grown much since you left.
Barb
Hey Mrs. Waldemar,
thanks for the note... we just got the BBC directory in the mail, and Nora Grace found you right away.
Blessings,
Lowell
Post a Comment