Most homes have a central "Ungun" or large empty space that goes from the ground up to the outside. This helps cool the home in the hot season, plus ventalation. Then the various levels are built around the Ungun, with a walk-way/stairs around it, and then independent rooms off of that walkway.
Not sure how well that shows up here, but that is the intent. :)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Wow, kinda like the apartment you stayed in this summer but without the walkway and interior stairs. (So kinda not like that too.)
Thanks for the insight into how things look there. I find this kind of thing interesting. I really enjoy the cultural insights.
Where were you to take the picture? I can't figure out your vantage point. =) Happy Birthday Sam! Its hard to believe just about a year ago was the first we'd heard of you guys -- every small group the announcement was "no, Amy is still waiting"
Hey Jan,
Everything here is poured concrete, so another difference. I miss wood.
Blessings,
Lowell
Hey all,
Vantage point is on the floor above the one you can see, leaning over the balcony.
There is another floor on top of that one.
Every room has someone sleeping in it at night.
Blessigns,
Lowell
Post a Comment