Tuesday, July 31, 2007

They are NOT Luddites

Just because one is Amish, does not mean one does not have access to some of the modern technology. I am amazed at the number of cell phones among my relatives, and loads of them have internet accounts (just not at their homes). And the Bishop doesn't seem to mind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the history of the word "Luddite"? It has to do with weavers.

Lowell said...

Hey Jan,

I looked on wikipedia to make sure I had the spelling right, and indeed, Mr. Lud was a weaver. Amazing.

BLessings,

Lowell

Waldemar Family said...

Love the photos! Looking forward to your return.

Eric said...

Speaking of the Amish, we are in New York State having some R&R and stopped at the farm of a David K. Stoltzfus to buy corn-on-the-cob and other produce. The Amish farms around here have the best stuff! (We're sure you probably aren't related to these Stotlzfi...)

Eric and Alice C.

Lowell said...

Hey Waldemar family,

Well, I caught a glimpse of you before we headed out again. We are hoping to actually converse in the future.

Blessings,

Lowell

Lowell said...

Hello Carpenters!!

Great to hear from you, from this side of the ocean.

Believe it or not, there was only one Stoltzfus ever immigrated to the US (well it was the Colonies back then), and all of the Stoltzfi in the US are descendents of him. And there are a lot of them. :)

Blessings,

Lowell