Tuesday, July 31, 2007

At least I have an excuse for not being on-line as much

I have been spending a lot of time with relatives, and my internet connection is not always available. Oh well. I think I have a good excuse based on the pictures below. (They are not actually my pictures (Thanks Uncle Carl and Aunt Lyd) but at least they do show some of the Frundschaft)

Aunt Lydia, how does one spell "Frunschaft" or whatever that word is for all those Stoltzfi?

Did your book come yet?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frunschaft

Spelling in German is not one of my talents but it is probably spelled freundshaft.

Received the BOOK!
Thanks Lowell!

The lady in the blue dress in the bottom photo is your great-aunt Katie. She is 92 and is the widow of Isaiah, brother to your grandpa Fred. They had 16 children, all are living. She is the only surviving aunt in our family and still lives by herself in her own home.

You have one great-uncle that is still living. Jonas is 92 and is the youngest of grandpa Fred's brothers. He is in a nursing home.

Lowell said...

Hello Aunt Lydia,

I shall expect nothing less than extreme grammar in Bowmansville, PA.

Why doesn't "freundshaft" just mean "friendship" in PA Dutch. Isn't that what it means in Swiss German?

Aunt Katie amazes me.

Love you guys,

Lowell