Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not Returning to Varanasi Long Term

In praying and fasting in recent weeks, we have come to the conclusion that we are not at peace with returning to Varanasi long term.

We had ten good years there, and I am amazed when I think back to how God has taken care of us in these past ten years. Wow. But it seems clear that living there long term is not what is supposed to happen.

So now comes lots of new questions...where to be employed? How much to stay in touch with India? Where to live?

We have almost nothing...I have never purchased a house before... I have never paid more than 1000 dollars for a car...all my previous jobs I announced I was only staying for awhile and then heading abroad...

now all that is different. Kind of weird.

I do hope to stay in touch more on the blog in the coming times.

Thanks for staying in touch.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you! I can't imagine how tough it is "starting over" in the States. Praying that you will feel peace in your decision. We love you guys and we'll miss your visa visits!!! Candice

Unknown said...

Lowell & Amy - Charity & I are sad to hear that you guys will not be returning LT. May He lead and guide you as you discern what is next. Chad

Hans and Joelle said...

Thanks for the updates! Your family is in our prayers as you make this huge adjustment. I can only imagine... Blessings

freemanz5 said...

It is a bit of a shock to read you are not returning but understandable. Now comes the tricky part, well it certainly was for us. Make sure you have a good debrief it can make a real difference. Would love to be able to drop around and chat. Maybe we can organise a skype some time. Will be in touch.

Ross Freeman

Joy said...

I just wrote up some comments on an email for you, but can't seem to find any email address. Do you have one? If so, maybe you can respond to us with it through here? Otherwise I'll just try snail mail, I guess.

Kim (Christopher) Carlson

Joy said...

I think I forgot to enable responding to our email with my last comment. This one should work.

Kim

Anonymous said...

L & A,
Our prayers are with you as you look for next steps. He will send Light!
Steve and Jeni