I just returned from a one week trip. As I was prepping to return to my family, I picked up some gifts for the kids. I choose the natural thing for me: several books.
Found a good used book store, and spent a small amount of money on a goodly quantity of books.
I presented the books to my children on return, and they were exstatic. (Did I spell that right?)
So what are my children going to remember about this years from now? Will they still like books so much that they view this with joy? Or will they be emotional about the fact that we never got into the latest fads of toys?
Probably doesn't matter... I will continue to buy books for my kids. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
I love the idea of books! As a sailor, I try to record myself reading a book or two while on deployments and sending them home. The idea of having books as gifts is simply awesome.
Two things..."ecstatic" just to answer your question and we still bring our kids books every year when we come home from our annual "Duluth" outing with dear friends. I think it's safe to say that they eagerly await the book that has been chosen for each of them.
Keep buying books Lowell!! Well done!
Liz
Lowell, keep buying books!
A person can never have too many books. Toys will be forgotten but books are a requirement! Books are like a good friend.
When I was a small child, I had 2 books in my (treasure chest).
I would read them over and over again. I still have them.
I'm impressed with Nora Grace's reading ability and comprehension.
For a 7 year old to have acquired that level of expertise is amazing!
Keep it up!
Post a Comment