Last tuesday morning early, I crept out into the dining room to do some email before everyone else woke up.
The room was dark as I turned on the computer (a laptop I had just set down on the table).
As I turned away to start on a cup of tea, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bright orange light flashing from the back of the computer, and then smelt smoke.
Well, that's no good.
After visiting the repair shop, and realizing the cost of repairing, I ended up buying a new computer.
Thanks to my good friend Lee, everything from the old computer was recovered, and I am slowly trying to get all the programs up and running on the new one.
I remain a Toshiba man.
Oh yeah, the 5000 rupees.
Lee and I were wandering around (wondering around? do both fit the description of what we were doing?) Nehru Place, finding stuff for an external harddrive, we found a computer salvaging shop. Expecting I would just give it to the guy, he offered me 5000 rupees for what remained (screen, DVD player, keyboard). I guess I should have bargained him up, but jumped at the chance, and went home happy.
The boys in his shop had the old one separated into parts in about 30 seconds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment